- Are you a CFI or IAI member working or living in the Midwest?
- Are you looking for exceptional professional development opportunities, educational programs, and networking functions?
- Do you wish to contribute to the science of interviewing?
If you answer “yes,” then welcome to the IAI Midwest Chapter.
- Chair: Tim Lapinski, CFI, Helzberg
- 1st Vice Chair: Aaron Hancart, CFI, The Cellular Connection
- 2nd Vice Chair: Scott Pickett, CFI
- Secretary: Deanna Lawton, CFI, Verizon
- Treasurer: Jay Ganal, CFI, GAP Inc.
- Membership/Education Chair: Stefanie Hoover, CFI, CONTROLTEK
What are the goals of the Midwest Chapter?
The goals and purpose of this and all IAI Chapters is to enable CFIs and IAI members to be life-long learners of interview and interrogation skills through a network of elite professionals, dedicated to growing the IAI brand and CFI designation.
Who can join?
Anyone who is a CFI or an IAI member can attend the meetings as well as anyone interested in becoming a CFI or IAI member..
Benefits of being a Midwest Chapter member
- Meeting attendance will keep members apprised of changes to current laws and legal issues as they pertain to interviewing and interrogation.
- Create a professional opportunity to network and share and gain information with industry leaders.
- Attendance at a chapter meeting will earn you 1 Continuing Education Unit [CEU] per hour of meeting towards your recertification.
- Growing the chapter by encouraging interview and interrogation practitioners to advance their professionalism by obtaining the CFI designation
Where will the meetings take place?
The Midwest Chapter meetings will be held regionally in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Board Meetings will occur monthly via phone. The dial in number is 866-390-1828, access code #5372547.
Past Board Meeting minutes are posted below:
June 8, 2017
July 14, 2017
August 25, 2017
September 8, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 10, 2017
January 19, 2018
February 16, 2018
March 16, 2018
April 3, 2018
May 11, 2018
July 13, 2018
August 1, 2018
August 10, 2018
August 24, 2018
September 7, 2018
September 28, 2018
November 16, 2018
February 15, 2019
March 15, 2019
April 19, 2019
May 3, 2019
Next Midwest Chapter Meeting
Time is running out to register for the IAI Midwest Chapter Meeting on Wednesday, May 22nd from 10am – 2pm at the CCROC Facility (3rd floor, JC Penney) at 7507 W Cermak Road North Riverside, IL 60546! Just announced: Wayne Hoover, CFI and Senior Partner at Wicklander – Zulawski & Associates will present on ORC Investigative Interviewing. Josh McAfee of the McAfee Institute will present on Social Media Investigations. Lunch will be sponsored by IAI’s Sponsor, Protos Security.
Earn 4 hours of CEU’s while networking and enhancing your skills! Lunch will be provided, courtesy of IAI’s Sponsor, Protos Security, and there is no charge for the event. If attendance exceeds 50 participants IAI will have a drawing for a CFI Online Prep Course and the team at the McAfee Institute has agreed to run the same offer for an online certification if the meeting threshold of 50+ participants is met. Current attending CFIs should look to bring a colleague interested in becoming a CFI.
Last Midwest Chapter Meeting Recap
The International Association of Interviewers (IAI) Midwest Chapter held its last meeting at Abercrombie & Fitch’s Home Office in New Albany, OH on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 from 10am – 2pm EST. Speakers included Detective Bryan Barlow, Chicago Police Department who presented “Trauma Informed Interviewing,” Tom McGreal, CFI, Wicklander Zulawski & Associates who presented “Testing for Truthfulness,” and Aaron Hancart, CFI, The Cellular Connection who presented “Audio Recording and Telephone Interviewing”