- Are you a CFI or IAI member working or living in the Midwest?
- Are you looking for exceptional professional development opportunities, educational programs, and networking functions?
- Do you wish to contribute to the science of interviewing?
If you answer “yes,” then welcome to the IAI Midwest Chapter.
- Chair: Tim Lapinski, CFI, Helzberg
- 1st Vice Chair: Aaron Hancart, CFI, The Cellular Connection
- 2nd Vice Chair: Scott Pickett, CFI
- Secretary: Deanna Lawton, CFI, REI
- Treasurer: Jay Ganal, CFI, GAP Inc.
- Membership/Education Chair: Stefanie Hoover, CFI, CONTROLTEK
What are the goals of the Midwest Chapter?
The goals and purpose of this and all IAI Chapters is to enable CFIs and IAI members to be life-long learners of interview and interrogation skills through a network of elite professionals, dedicated to growing the IAI brand and CFI designation.
Who can join?
Anyone who is a CFI or an IAI member can attend the meetings as well as anyone interested in becoming a CFI or IAI member..
Benefits of being a Midwest Chapter member
- Meeting attendance will keep members apprised of changes to current laws and legal issues as they pertain to interviewing and interrogation.
- Create a professional opportunity to network and share and gain information with industry leaders.
- Attendance at a chapter meeting will earn you 1 Continuing Education Unit [CEU] per hour of meeting towards your recertification.
- Growing the chapter by encouraging interview and interrogation practitioners to advance their professionalism by obtaining the CFI designation
Where will the meetings take place?
The Midwest Chapter meetings will be held regionally in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Board Meetings will occur monthly via phone. The next one is scheduled for Wednesday, August 1st from 10am-11am Central time. The dial in number is 866-390-1828, access code #5372547.
Past Board Meeting minutes are posted below:
June 8, 2017
July 14, 2017
August 25, 2017
September 8, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 10, 2017
January 19, 2018
February 16, 2018
March 16, 2018
April 3, 2018
May 11, 2018
July 13, 2018
Next Midwest Chapter Meeting
To be announced
Last Midwest Chapter Meeting Recap
The International Association of Interviewers (IAI) Midwest Chapter held its second ever meeting on Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 at Axis Communications in Chicago, IL. CFIs and IAI members and guests gathered the day before IAI’s Elite Training Days to network and listen to multiple presentations. Chapter Chair, Tim Lapinski, CFI, LPC kicked off the meeting with a review of the Chapter’s purpose and goals, as well as, an introduction of board members and all attendees.
John Diedrich, Sr. VP & COO, of Rush Copley Medical Center presented on the importance of active shooter training and preparation as he went through a detailed personal account of being at the country music festival in Law Vegas when the mass shooting occurred. John described in detail how having that training potentially saved his life and the lives of many others.
The group then took a tour of Axis Communications’ facility and was given insight into some of the new technologies Axis is engineering and other industries they serve.
After reconvening, David Thomson, CFI, VP of Operations for W-Z, presented on “Back to Basics”, covering the need to remember the foundation of the W-Z method and not skip the little things. It was a greater refresher for anyone that no longer interviews on a regular basis or have teams that do the majority of the interviewing.
Finally, Stephanie Hoover, CFI, Strategic Account Executive at CONTROLTEK USA, presented on navigating the Certified Interview website, detailing where to find members, committees and resources, such as the rationalization matrix.