download your free elite training Day video
“The Biggest Secrets for being Completely Prepared for Court”
By: Miranda Nickles Rapport, Esq.
This is the main event of the year in the interview and interrogation community. Leading experts from across the globe attend Elite Training Day for exclusive training and networking opportunities.
This is the only event with a dedicated focus on honing the skills of the interviewer. Developed by IAI, this event enables you to learn from interviewers and interrogators across multiple industries, and the agenda typically features expert speakers from various specialties.
Elite Training Day 2017 Recap
Why Elite Training Day Actually Works
The industry’s only conference dedicated to the science of interviewing didn’t disappoint. The 2017 Elite Training Day at McDonald’s Headquarters in Oak Brook, IL hosted more than 150 professional interviewers and investigators from around the globe. Invaluable educational and networking opportunities highlighted the day and a half value-packed agenda. A diverse group of attendees from many backgrounds and professions included Vice Presidents, Directors, Regional and District Managers from the private sector, as well as law enforcement personnel from the public sector.
2017 Elite Training Day Speakers Included:
Dr. Jack Schafer | Professor & Author | Retired FBI Special Agent
Dr. Schafer is the author of The Like Switch: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over. Dr. Schafer’s presentation was entitled, “Catch a Liar.”
David M. Williams | Supervisor | Special Prosecutions Bureau Cook County Assistant State Attorney’s Office
David’s presentation covered:
- What a prosecutor looks for in an interview/interrogation
- Guidance for investigators to prepare for court/cross examination
- How to inform your prosecutor about any credentials you may have
Angelo Floiran | Detective | Central Texas Financial Crimes Task Force
Mr. Floiran’s presentation combined real investigative experience and application of investigative methods with the standards associated with academic research methods. Mr. Floiran illustrated how to comprehend the different layers of the web from the surface (Google) down to the “deep” or “dark” web levels. He also covered the criminal offenses and investigative techniques often associated with the dark web.
Lisa Mitchell | Executive Coach & Founder | Power Body Language
Lisa Mitchell is a Communications Expert, Executive Coach, and Founder of Power Body Language. As a Certified Body Language Trainer and non-verbal skills coach, she specializes in programs that empower leaders to communicate with confidence, increase their influence, and negotiate with results. Lisa helped conference attendees master their first impression and take control of their non-verbal communication in order to be more effective in all areas of their lives, both professionally and personally.
If you missed Elite Training Day, visit certifiedinterviewer.com for select presentation videos and earn Continued Education Credits (CEUs) toward your CFI recertification.
Much Anticipated ‘CFI of the Year’ Award Winner Revealed
Each year, all of the Certified Forensic Interviewers (CFI) select a recipient for the ‘CFI of the Year’ award. All nominees for this award are nominated by his or her peers. Winners of this award are revealed annually at the Elite Training Day event. This year’s winner is Andy Heimkreiter, CFI, an Area Investigator for The Gap. Andy was recognized for going above and beyond the Certified Forensic Interviewer values. See our CFI values here.
CFI Scholarship Winners Announced
Fred Wilson Memorial Private Sector Scholarship Winner
Hezekiah Cuffy, Central Region LP Investigator, Army & Air Force Exchange Service
Public Sector Scholarship Winner
Bradford Bartels, Senior U.S. Probation Officer, U.S. Probation
International Scholarship Winner
Robert Atilano, Operations Manager-Latin/South America, R.L. Oatman & Associates, Inc.
Congratulations to these well-deserving candidates. To apply for 2018 CFI Scholarship, visit certifiedinterviewer.com.
About The International Association of Interviewers (IAI)
Founded by the leaders of W-Z, The International Association of Interviewers (IAI) is the only association for CFI designees as well as those dedicated to the art of interviewing and interrogation. IAI’s mission is to provide education, business and networking opportunities to interviewers from all disciplines through valuable resources such as instructive events, useful web content, exclusive webinars and much more. To learn more about IAI membership and existing educational resources visit www.certifiedinterviewer.com.
About Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI)
A CFI is a professional with the expertise to conduct a variety of investigative interviews with victims, witnesses, suspects or other sources to determine the facts regarding suspicions, allegations or specific incidents in either public or private sector settings.
The CFI designation is rightfully recognized as the premier designation to define those who have mastered the art of interviewing and interrogation. A Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI) is documented to be Elite and at the top of the field. You can become part of this Elite fraternity through the resources of the International Association of Interviewers.
Past Elite Training Day Videos can be purchased as an IAI Member.
CFI of the Year award being presented
Annual CFI Photo
Wayne Hoover, CFI going over the Legal Updates.
Past Elite Training Day Presentations:
- “Facial Expression Recognition, Smile Tests, and Microexpressions,” by Dr. David Matsumoto
- “How Interviews Have Helped the FBI in a Famous International Kidnapping Case,” by Richard Manning
- “Expanding on the Use of the Participatory Approach,” by David Zulawski, CFI, CFE
- “False Confessions,” by Dr. Richard Ofshe
- “Linguistics,” by Dr. Carol Chaski
- “Gang Interviewing and Investigations,” by John Guzman, CFI
- “Communication Theory, Applying Academic Research to our Field,” by Mike Reddington, CFI
- “Top 10 Things You Need to Know When Investigating High Level Executives” by Allison West, Esq., SPHR
- “The Exception You’re Missing: Investigating Disbursement Fraud. How to Monitor Risk and Best Practices,” by John Brocar, CFE, CFI
- “Statement Analysis® Interviewing Techniques: Learn to Analyze a Verbal and Written Statement to Detect Deception,” by Mark McClish
- “The Real Facts about Fact Finding Interviews” by Dave Zulawski, CFI, CFE
- “The Biggest Secrets for being Completely Prepared for Court,” by Miranda Nickles Rapport, Esq.
- “Good Reasons, but Wrong Decisions” – Harvin Moore
- “Suspicion Indicators Recognition & Assessment (SIRA): Proactive Security System” – Michael Rozin
- “Leadership; The Transition from Being an Expert Tactician to a Strategic Visionary” – Chris McDonald and Gary Moncur, CFI
- “Status of Interviewing and Detection on Deception” – Ray Bull
- “The Reid Technique, The Risk of False Confessions, and Some Suggested Remedies” – Steve Kaplan
- “Behavioral-based Interviewing Techniques: Taking Criminal Personalities Into Account” – Special Agent Mike Yoder
- “What Front Line Managers Really Want” – Dr. Ashley Lesko
- “Dassey Interrogations Practical Review” – Dave Thompson, CFI
- “The PEACE Model of Interviewing Explained” and “Hallmarks of a Good Investigation” – Dr. Andy Griffiths
- “The Interviewer’s Behavior” – Lisa Mitchell
- “Catch a Liar” – Dr. Jack Schafer
- “Informing Your Prosecutor” – David Williams
- “Dark Web Investigations” – Angelo Floiran