- Are you a CFI or IAI member working or living in the Midwest?
- Are you looking for exceptional professional development opportunities, educational programs, and networking functions?
- Do you wish to contribute to the science of interviewing?
If you answer “yes,” then welcome to the IAI Midwest Chapter.
- Chair: Stefanie Hoover, CFI, CONTROLTEK
- 1st Vice Chair: Deanna Lawton, CFI, Verizon
- 2nd Vice Chair: Tom McGreal, CFI, Wicklander Zulawski
- Secretary: Jodie MacDonald, CFI, Office Depot
- Marketing/Event Chair: Jay Ganal, CFI, GAP Inc.
- Membership/Education Chair: Carrie Baritsky, CFI, TJX Companies
- Past Chair: Tim Lapinski, CFI, Helzberg
What are the goals of the Midwest Chapter?
The goals and purpose of this and all IAI Chapters is to enable CFIs and IAI members to be life-long learners of interview and interrogation skills through a network of elite professionals, dedicated to growing the IAI brand and CFI designation.
Who can join?
Anyone who is a CFI or an IAI member can attend the meetings as well as anyone interested in becoming a CFI or IAI member..
Benefits of being a Midwest Chapter member
- Meeting attendance will keep members apprised of changes to current laws and legal issues as they pertain to interviewing and interrogation.
- Create a professional opportunity to network and share and gain information with industry leaders.
- Attendance at a chapter meeting will earn you 1 Continuing Education Unit [CEU] per hour of meeting towards your recertification.
- Growing the chapter by encouraging interview and interrogation practitioners to advance their professionalism by obtaining the CFI designation
Where will the meetings take place?
The Midwest Chapter meetings will be held regionally in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Board Meetings will occur monthly via phone. The dial in number is 866-390-1828, access code #5372547.
Past Board Meeting minutes are posted below:
June 8, 2017
July 14, 2017
August 25, 2017
September 8, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 10, 2017
January 19, 2018
February 16, 2018
March 16, 2018
April 3, 2018
May 11, 2018
July 13, 2018
August 1, 2018
August 10, 2018
August 24, 2018
September 7, 2018
September 28, 2018
November 16, 2018
February 15, 2019
March 15, 2019
April 19, 2019
May 3, 2019
Next Midwest Chapter Meeting
Stay tuned for information on the next Midwest Chapter Meeting. To all who attended the previous meeting on May 22nd, we thank you!
Last Midwest Chapter Meeting Recap
The International Association of Interviewers (IAI) Midwest Chapter held its last meeting on May 22nd in the CCROC Facility located on the 3rd floor of JC Penney at the North Riverside Mall from 10am – 2pm CST. Speakers included Josh McAfee of McAfee Institutes who presented on open-source intelligence (OSINT) and Wayne Hoover, CFI and senior partner with Wicklander-Zulawski & Associates who presented on ORC investigations and interviews. Lunch was sponsored by Protos Security.