- Are you a CFI or IAI member working or living in the Midwest?
- Are you looking for exceptional professional development opportunities, educational programs, and networking functions?
- Do you wish to contribute to the science of interviewing?
If you answer “yes,” then welcome to the IAI Midwest Chapter.
- Chair: Tim Lapinski, CFI, Helzberg
- 1st Vice Chair: Aaron Hancart, CFI, The Cellular Connection
- 2nd Vice Chair: Scott Pickett, CFI
- Secretary: Deanna Lawton, CFI, REI
- Treasurer: Jay Ganal, CFI, GAP Inc.
- Membership/Education Chair: Stefanie Hoover, CFI, CONTROLTEK
What are the goals of the Midwest Chapter?
The goals and purpose of this and all IAI Chapters is to enable CFIs and IAI members to be life-long learners of interview and interrogation skills through a network of elite professionals, dedicated to growing the IAI brand and CFI designation.
Who can join?
Anyone who is a CFI or an IAI member can attend the meetings.
Benefits of being a Midwest Chapter member
- Meeting attendance will keep members apprised of changes to current laws and legal issues as they pertain to interviewing and interrogation.
- Create a professional opportunity to network and share and gain information with industry leaders.
- Attendance at a chapter meeting will earn you 1 Continuing Education Unit [CEU] per hour of meeting towards your recertification.
- Growing the chapter by encouraging interview and interrogation practitioners to advance their professionalism by obtaining the CFI designation
Where will the meetings take place?
The Midwest Chapter meetings will be held regionally in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Board Meetings will occur monthly via phone. The dial in number is 866-390-1828, access code #5372547.
Past Board Meeting minutes are posted below:
June 8, 2017
July 14, 2017
August 25, 2017
September 8, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 10, 2017
January 19, 2018
February 16, 2018
March 16, 2018
April 3, 2018
Next Midwest Chapter Meeting
The next IAI Midwest Chapter Meeting will take place Tuesday, April 10th from 1pm-5pm at Axis Communication (8700 Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL 60631). Exciting agenda coming this week, so look for that and remember this is a great way to get CEUs! To RSVP for the meeting, please click here. The password for the event is “Midwest.”
For more information on the meeting and speakers, please click here to view the Meeting Flyer.
First Midwest Chapter Meeting Recap
The first IAI MIDWEST CHAPTER meeting was held on October 18, 2017 from 10am to 2pm at the REI Lincoln Park Store in Chicago, IL. Lunch was provided by The Cellular Connection. Wayne Hoover, CFI presented an overview of THE LINK Powered by WZ. He also discussed the recent changes to the Participatory Method and the Introductory Statement and gave an update regarding the “Making a Murderer” case.
Next Midwest Chapter Meeting
Coming in Early 2018