The Northeast Chapter meets 4 times a year to discuss topics on Interview and Interrogation.
- Steve Palumbo, CFI (Chairman) – Tiffanys
- Matt Christman, CFI – Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Elisha Toye, CFI – Kohls
- Lisa Caccomo, CFI – Polo Ralph Lauren
- Nate Prusi, CFI – Starbucks
- TJ Flynn, CFI – JC Penney
The next Northeast Chapter CFI Meeting has not been scheduled.
- January 31, 2017 at 1-4 PM. Tiffany & Co.
Speakers included Shane Sturman, CFI, CPP (Wicklander-Zulawski) and TJ Flynn (JC Penny). Shane presentation was “Conducting Non-Theft Related Interviews” and TJ presented on prepping for an interview when you are not the investigator.
- October 11, 2016 at 1-4 PM. Tiffany Headquarters
Speakers included Wayne Hoover, CFI (Wicklander-Zulawski), Detective Thompson of the NYPD who presented on “Crisis Communication” and Matt Christman, CFI from Dick’s Sporting Goods who presented on “Rationalizations and Expanding the Admissions.”
- March 16, 2016 at 12-4 PM. Starbucks Offices
Speakers included Matt Christman and Nate Prusi. Matt presented on Internal Investigations at Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Nate presented on Statement Analysis.
- September 30, 2015 at 1-4 PM. LP Innovations
Speakers included Quinn Sullivan, Agent for the Department of Homeland Security and Tim Hickey from LP Innovations. Quinn’s presentation was an “Overview of Current Terrorist Threats within the US” and Tim’s was “ORC Tracking Solutions.”
- May 26, 2015 at 1-4 PM. Tiffany Headquarters
Featured Speaker was Dave Thompson, CFI from Wicklander-Zulawski & Associates hosted an interactive activity with the attendees focused on transitioning the W-Z Method into cases that may not be the typical theft and fraud they normally deal with. Used this same activity to discuss a current case, and then worked through the interrogation with the group evaluating each step.
- January 22, 2015 at 1-4 PM Starbucks Offices
The featured speaker was Dr. Saul Kassin Professor of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Dr. Kassin will be presenting on False Confessions. A link is provided to provide you with some insight into Dr. Kassin’s work:
- October 14, 2014 at 1–4 PM. The meeting was held at: JCPenney SoHo Location
Presenting was Dave Thompson, CFI of WZ on Rationalization and Implications. Also presenting will be Matt Christman, CFI of Dick’s Sporting Goods on statement taking and report writing